Non-urgent advice: How To Register
To register with us as a patient, you can either pop down to the Medical Centre and pick up your forms or we can send you the forms in the post for you to bring in.
To register you will need to bring your Medical Card, if you do not have a medical card you will need to complete an FP1 form, which you can pick up at reception. Please ensure that you complete the top section of this form, including place of birth. The other sections should be completed as appropriate. You will also need to complete a new patient questionnaire including an ethnic origin survey.
On receipt of these documents, we will check that we are able to accept your registration and write to you either confirming that you have been accepted on to our list or giving details as to why you have not been accepted and what to do next.
Please let a receptionist know if you have a preference regarding which doctor you would like to register with. You are free to see any doctor. We would however; strongly recommend that you see the same doctor each time you come to the surgery providing that doctor is not on holiday, etc. Good family medicine is based on continuity of care. If you feel your problem is URGENT you will be seen on the same day, but not necessarily by your own doctor.
The rights and responsibilities of patients
- Patients and staff should work together to deliver good health care.
- Patients should value their health and therefore seek to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Patients should extend the same courtesy and politeness to the practice staff, as they would expect to receive.
- Requests for help or advice for non-urgent conditions should be made during normal surgery hours.
- Requests for treatment out of normal surgery hours should be made by contacting GP Emergency Centre (Primary Care Centre) on 111.
- Please ask if you are unclear about your treatment.
- Please tell us if you cannot keep your appointment however short the notice.
- Under the Government’s NHS Zero Tolerance scheme, this practice will not tolerate violent or abusive behaviour from patients towards any member of staff. Patients who are violent or abusive may be removed from the practice list.