What is a Patient Participation Group?
Patients direct discussions with Surgery to address patient related Issues
Our objectives are:
- Being a critical friend to the practice.
- Advising the practice on the patient perspective and providing insight into the responsiveness and quality of services.
- Encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their families health.
- Carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice.
- Organising health promotion events and improving health literacy.
- Regular communication with the patient population
- Engage in fundraising for any nominated charity
How do we do this?
At present during the pandemic there is a group of patients and staff who meet every two months using Zoom to discuss areas of concern. We want the membership to reflect the full range of the population of Bewdley. We are therefore looking to recruit more patients to join this group to make up the team to 15 members.
Virtual Group, we would like to introduce a new virtual group of 150 members who do not need to come to meetings but simply give feedback on issues on an ad hoc basis. We will do this by email, and post for those that are not online.
Whatever your lifestyle one of these choices could be for you in joining the PPG.
Please contact Stuart Wilkinson (Chair) or Chris Hand (Vice Chair) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Next meeting is July 6th, 2021
Patient Particpation Group Terms of Reference