Bewdley Medical Centre
We have now moved into our amazing new Medical Centre, still located on Dog Lane but further up the road. All our telephone numbers for appointments, repeat prescriptions etc are the same.
FLU CLINICS 2016
If you are eligible - Walk-in Flu Clinics will be held on:
Saturday 1st October - 8am-11am
Saturday 8th October - 8am-11am
Saturday 15th October - 8am-11am
"These are flu sessions only"
No appointment necessary
Appointments are available during the week if you are unable to attend on a Saturday
Wyre Forest Health Partnership
Following the merger in December 2014 of 5 practices and a further admission in December 2015, Wyre Health Partnership now comprises of 6 sites with 40 Partners looking after 73 000 patients, helped by 203 staff!
Clare Nock, Chief Executive Officer, Wyre Forest Health Partnership
'Working together across 6 sites, one valued and committed team, combining innovation and integrity to provide the best possible quality of care for our patients'
Wyre Forest Health Partnership started trading on 1/12/2014. It is, therefore, not possible to declare the average earnings of GPs working at Wyre Forest Health Partnership for the 14/15 financial year; the partnership only existed for 4 months of the year and these 4 months were not typical due to the costs incurred in setting up the new organisation. It is possible to declare that, for the 15/16 year, there were 38 Partner GPs in the Partnership.
Wyre Forest Health Partnership fully intends to declare the amounts for 2015/16 once available.
Allocated Named GP
All patients that are now registered at Bewdley Medical Centre have a named allocated GP who will oversee your care. You are still entitled to see whichever Clinician you choose to. Please see our 'Clinics & Services' section on the left.
The NHS Friends and Family Test
We would like you to think about your recent experience of our service.
"How likely are you to recommend our GP practice to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?"
Please press the link on the left side of the page to answer.
New Prescription Service
Electronic prescribing is now live at Bewdley Medical Centre! We are pleased to announce that all patients who have nominated a pharmacy can now collect their prescriptions from their pharmacy directly rather than come to the surgery. To set this up, visit your perferred pharmacy and they will set you up. To find out more, please click here for more details or visit the following website http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/eps/patients
Every Appointment Matters
Can You Help?
Since 2005/6 we have seen an increase of an average of 2,700 patients per year attending the practice. This together with the Government’s purse strings tightening and NHS England requiring GP surgeries to provide a wider range of services means that we at Bewdley Medical Centre need your help to ensure continued fair access for all patients to their GP by considering the following:
1. Get the right treatment! – Tell us why you need our help.
- Tell reception why you need to see a Doctor and/ or a nurse. We have specialist Doctors and nurses that are able to assist you.
2. Can’t make it? - Contact us.
- Please let us know if you can’t make an appointment – on average we have 86 appointments a week where patients Do Not Turn Up – these appointments could have been given to you!
3. Under Chronic Disease Specialist Nurse? – Tell us
- If you are normally cared for by a Chronic Disease specialist nurse (Asthma, COPD or Diabetes) - maybe they would be better suited to see you?
4. Would a phone consultation be sufficient?
- If you need to ask your doctor a question or discuss a result, save time and book a phone call with your GP.
5. It is worth waiting for!
- A routine appointment with your own GP is proven to result in a better experience for the patient rather than an emergency appointment with a doctor you don’t know.
Thank you for your continued support.
You can follow us on Twitter @bewdleydoctors or Twitter.com/bewdleydoctors